The second half of Punk Rock Hora includes many articles I’ve published since Oy Oy Oy Gevalt! Jews and Punk came out in 2016. But I couldn’t include everything in Punk Rock Hora. Some articles would have been redundant, others weren’t the right fit, and one just came out yesterday!
Here are all my 2016–2018 articles about Jewish punk that were published somewhere other than the OyOyOyGevalt.com blog but didn’t make the cut for Punk Rock Hora. Think of them as bonus content for Punk Rock Hora—or the first chapter of a third Jewish punk book that’ll never exist!
- What IS a “Mazel Tov” Cocktail? (Jewcy, 11/7/16)
- Orthodox Punk Rockers (Yidwise, 1/15/17)
- Mosh Your Tuches Off! (Jewcy, 5/1/17)
- Mosh Hashanah: A Jewish Punk Playlist for the High Holidays (Jewcy, 9/18/17)
- A Mazel-Tov Cocktail (Jewcy, 9/25/17)
- Yidcore Year-Round (Jewish Music Underground, 12/31/17)
- Sid Vicious, Yid Vicious, and Sid Yiddish (Jewcy, 1/11/18)
- A Punk Playlist for Passover (Jewcy, 3/28/18)
- Why I Keep Going to See Golem Perform (Hevria, 12/31/18)
These outcasts aren’t the bottom of the barrel. “Mosh Hashanah” got the most likes of the 15 articles I wrote for Jewcy in this time frame, and it inspired a radio show with the same name!